It's that time of the year again...the Royal Gondor Cup! Every summer, this tournament is held on the server to showcase some of the finest horses that this server has spawned. In the previous year, this competition has been very hotly contested, with a handful of contestants competing for the grand prize (announced below). The entirety of the tournament will be held at the Phantom Memorial Stadium (the horse track) within spawn. The stadium is open to all players to practice the events.
The events for this year's tournament are as follows (followed by how each one is won):
- 200 Metre Dash (fastest time)
- High Jump (highest of 3 jumps)
- Steeplechase (fastest time of 3 races)
- Long Jump (farthest distance of 3 jumps)
- 1 Kilometre Trot (fastest time)
The scoring for the tournament will be a bit different from last year. The amount of points one receives during a particular event depends on the amount of people entered. For example, if 8 people enter, 1st place in an event will receive 8 points, while last place will receive 1 point. Also different from last year, all events are weighted equally. The jockey with the highest amount of points at the end of the tournament will receive the grand prize and recognition on the wall of champions in the clubhouse.
There are some rules entrants should be aware of:
- During the 1 kilometre trot and 200 metre dash, each player is allowed 1 false start. Any further false starts will result in disqualification from that event (disqualified players get a 0 for that event). The race does not begin until the green clay block drops, the 4th lamp lights, and the 4th noteblock sounds. False starts occur when a horse sets off the tripwire at the starting line before these events happen.
- During the steeplechase, riding the fence or hopping it and riding anywhere but one's designated lane will result in the loss of that race.
- During the high jump, players may not stall right before the snow blocks and then jump. Horses must jump as they are approaching the hurdle. Stalling is considered a scratch.
- During the high jump and long jump events, each player is allotted 3 scratches. A scratch in the long jump is when a horse sets off the note blocks. If a player scratches thrice, their highest/longest jump will be counted. If they have not jumped successfully before 3 scratches, they are disqualified and given a score of 0.
- The following is a list of acceptable "horse types" that can be ridden during the tournament: horses, donkeys, mules, undead horses, and skeleton horses.
- Players are limited to one horse during the tournament.
- Jockeys must wear dyed leather armor for the entirety of the tournament. There is no fighting portion of the tournament, it is just tradition.
- Any staff member may referee any event. Their call is final.
- Potions or any sort of effects are not allowed.
- Attempting to disrupt the tournament is not allowed.
- Entrants must be ranked [Private] or higher to be eligible to play
Breaking any of these rules may result in disqualification from an event, the tournament, or even a ban.
To apply to play for this tournament, simply post a comment below stating something like "I, [your username], would like to participate." By playing on this server, you are agreeing to the rules stated above. A maximum of 10 applicants with be randomly selected.
The winner of the tournament will receive the grand prize of the first ever...
...and 5000 Rupees
The tournament will be held on Saturday, July 26, 2014 at 9 PM CST (Sun July 26, 2014 at 2 PM New Zealand time). The tournament could last up to two hours. Please check in 30 minutes prior to start time!
All applicants must apply by 9:00 PM on Wednesday, July 23, 2014 CST.
If you have any questions, contact me.